.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Passing of Friends...

It is always sad when friends leave. You know that it is going to happen one day, but when the time comes, it is sometimes really hard to deal with. I mean, you have time, energy, practically days of your life invested in them, and then one day...they are gone. Sometimes you know why and are expecting it, other times you don't have a clue what happened.
In one sense things are good. Maybe they are making new life experiences and memories. Are they happy? Then you are happy for them, but it is hard when you used to be making memories with them, and now, (for whatever reason), that is no longer the case.
I make friends very slowly. I think it has something to do with my cynical history. Whatever the reason is, when I finally make a good friend, I kinda hope that it will be a long-term friendship. I mean you hear about people that are friends for years and years. That would be nice.
One part of me is the typical guy...who doesn't need anyone. "A man is his own island," or something like that, right? Give me some good books and a computer and I can be happy for quite some time. But the other part of me knows that I use that attitude alot as a defence against the little, sharp pains that I feel when I see a friend beginning to leave.
People go their own way...that is just a part of life. Death, geographical moving, just the changing of mutual interests are all reasons why people seperate. It is just hard to have close friends, for so long, and then one day they are gone.

At least you have memories, right? Maybe those can hold one over until another friend can fill the space in your heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

Don't worry. I will be your friend forever!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home