.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Me? Cynical?

I have been accused of being cynical. I am begining to think that it is a true statement. :-) It isn't like I am super proud of the fact, it is just...a fact. Maybe it is how I deal with things. I don't know.
I was thinking about it when I was at work, and I realized that I wasn't always this way, so I started to try to trace my life back and try to figure out when I became the cynical bugger that I am...
I think most of it happened when I lived in Alaska. When I was 18 I decided that I needed to move out of my parents house. I, 5 brothers and my parents were all living in a two bedroom house. (Thankfully there were no girls in the family!) So I moved to Alaska. Weither it was the right decision or not is now a moot point; it is what I did.
I love Alaska. Almost as much as I love Oregon. Alaska is huge, different and cold. I liked it in the summer when I could go out at anytime during the day or night and it would be light out.
Anyway...I digress...
I had some really good friends in Alaska. We all worked at the same place, (Subway) and were all roughly the same age. We liked working together and we all hung out together after work. Well, with that many teens spending so much time together you can be sure that drama is going to arise. Another guy and I started liking the same girl...blah, blah, blah and the next thing I know I and a good portion of my crew, (I was the Assit. Manager) were being accused of some pretty bad things by this guy. Not just little "naughty" things, or things to get fired over, I am talking spending-years-in-jail type of things. I was in shock. This guy had spent time with all of us, hung out with us, was our friend...and then says all this stuff. Thankfully nothing happened and he soon ended his employment there.
That was the first of two things that soured me.
There is this girl that I have known since she was born. I am only like 1 1/2 or 2 years older then her and our moms were friends for quite some time. We were kids together in N.Y. She moved to Alaska when I was like 10. We kept in contact a little...as good as you can when you are young. When I got to Alaska I looked her up. I was now 19 and she was 17. Nothing happened between us, just became pretty good friends again. When she graduated and was heading off to collage I took her and her friend out to eat to say good-bye. It was raining when we left the diner and she was trying sticking her head out the window in order to get splashed by some puddles. I said that she should get her seat-belt on, but she didn't want to. Well, we got in a wreck a few minutes later and she almost went through the windshield. Pretty freaky. She was fine, just some cuts to her face. She decided to go to the Spring semester instead so we hung out for a few more months and we were still friends. I ended up moving back down to Oregon...she went to the East Coast somewhere to collage and we lost touch.
TWO YEARS LATER... I get a letter saying that she was sueing me for 50,000 dollars! WHAT THE WORLD... She said I didn't have seatbelts...I was driving reckless and all kinds of other stuff. All a bunch of crap. I don't know what ever happened to that, I had a lawyer send the letter to my insurance agency in Alaska, and that was that.
So, I have come to the conclusion that those two incidents, (and maybe some small things...) are the main things that changed me into the cynical creature that I am. I guess that it is kinda my defence so that won't happen again...well things will and have happened since...but maybe not as often.

Till this day I refuse to start driving until everyone in the car has a seat-belt on.

I'm not even sure how to start changing back to who I was...

3 Comments:

Blogger MattyP said...

I think perhaps it may also be due to the many times I promised to come to your piano recitals and your male-cheerleading practices: I'm sorry, Justin, but with work and your mother's expensive taste in shrooms, we never got to spend the quality time together I would have liked.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

I hate people who sue just to get money. The little LEECHES.
I support you, Jason. All the way!
And I happen to think you are very nice and whatever little cynic you have in you is not at all disturbing of your person.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Original Blog-surfer said...

MattyP, I am confused as to what my mothers addiction to illegal drugs has to do with you spending time with me? Oh, she is your mother as well and I gave our parents the website address...so know they come on here to read this...YOU RETARD...so you should probably be nice to OUR mother. Good Job! :-)

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home