.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Friday, July 22, 2005

My Name is NOT Jason!!!

I was born almost 28 years ago. When my mother signed the birth certificate I was given the name Justin. Since then I have been called Justin very little. I don't know why. Is Justin a hard name to remember? Is it a hard name to say? I don't think so, but then again it is my name, so I am a bit partial to it. I have never had a nick-name that really stuck. All my friends have tried and tried, (well there was that one...but I was two, and we won't go there...) For some reason I have been called either Jeremy or Jason my whole life.
I can understand Jeremy, because that is my twin brothers name. He is the go-getter and I am the quiet, laid-back one, so if you meet us both at the same time then there is a very good chance that when you leave you will remember him over me. That is ok, I have gotten over that now. If you had asked me about this when I was 16 I would have had a big problem with it still, but I am fine...I am fine now...
But the name, Jason...I have no idea where it came from. I introduce myself as Justin, I hear those people repeat my name, Justin and almost without fail next time they see me they will call me Jason. Some of these people I have known for years. They have known me as Justin FOR YEARS...but they still insist on calling me Jason. Some people, like my new boss, just started off calling my Jason. Now it is to the point that I don't want to correct him. I have been answering to Jason for years, so when he called me it I just answered, but now how do I tell him, "Well, actually all this time, you have had my name wrong...and I have answered to it, but really my name is, JUSTIN!!!!"
Is there something to the whole, "you look like your name" thing? I always thought that was a bunch of poop-smith, but maybe I am wrong. Maybe I look like a Jason...but got name Justin instead. If it were a once in a while thing I wouldn't think much of it, but all the time and all acrossed the U.S. of A. This is getting rediculous!

4 Comments:

Blogger LillyRose said...

Justin, I totally understand.
My name is Nichol and half the time I am called Nickle...I am not a coin Dammit!

By the way, you said something about a mother in law in an earlier post- are you married?

6:27 PM  
Blogger MattyP said...

I think that rule about names matching the person only appliess someetimes. I know two other Matt's besides myself. One f them is tall, thin, and really laid back. The other is big fat and a loud-ass motherfucker. I am tall thin and a loud ass mother-fucker. However, I do know a guy name Doug and - no offence to people named Doug - he fits that name perfectly because he is a big, hulking, ugly-ass, stupid motherfucker. And that's just what the name Doug brings to mind. I'm sure there are pently of cool Dougs out there, but I'm content to believe Dougs are big, hulking, ugly-ass idiots until I see otherwise.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Original Blog-surfer said...

It must be the curse of have my name! I didn't know it was so wide-spread! I need to start a site for other Justins like me!

Lady Dem...yes, for 5 years now...and a dad as well. I like the pics on your site, but I can no longer trace you back to your site. Is that on purpose? E-mail me your web address if you no longer like it public...

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Justin. I was born 30 years ago. My birth certificate has "Justin" on it as well. I am calling vendors and clients, introducing myself as Justin, and they repeat it back to me as Justin, but from then after, they call me Jason.

The other day I was at an interview, and someone came to greet me,"Jason?" I responded, "No, Justin." She responded, "No, I'm pretty sure we are looking for Jason."

At my first job, there was an old guy who repeatedly called me Jason, even after reading carefully my nameplate on my office. After we hired a Jason, I was talking to him about him. When I said, "Oh, Jason sits over there." He said, "You moved?" and I said, "No, I'm Justin." to which he replied, "Who's Justin?"

I totally feel your pain.

-Justin (Jason)

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home