.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

People Watching

I like to go to the mall. No, I don't like shopping...goes back to being a typical guy. That wasn't always the case. Back in my dating years, I would go to the mall a whole lot more. Mainly it was because of...females. Yeah, that was really the only reason. You can always get a girl to go somewhere with you if you if you mention the mall.
"Yeah, do you want to go to a rodieo, and a truck pull and blah, blah, blah and oh, yeah a mall and..." And you would be pretty certain to have a girl go along with you...
Those days are now over, and the draw is different. Even in my single years there was plenty of times I went to the mall by myself...just for this one reason...People watching. Yeah, I am weird. I am not a voyeur or anything, get your minds out of the gutter, but people facinate me...
I guess that the biggest thing that stands out, if you are just sitting on a bench in the mall, is the fact that so many people are trying to be original. The ironic thing is that so many people trying so hard to be different and they end up looking a lot alike. Then if they aren't trying to do their own thing, they are trying to actually look like someone famous. Honesty, how many minature Brittney Spears do we need in this world? I am a firm believer that the one that we have already is one more then needed, But I digress.
So we have the "Trying-so-hard-to-be-different-that-we-all-look-alike" crowd, and then we have the "Celeb Clones".
Ok, I know that there are other types of people, so you guys need to help me add to my list. What type of people do you run into at the mall?
There are actual shoppers at the mall as well, but they are few and far between. The rest dress up, (or down,) and try hard to get someone to notice them.

2 Comments:

Blogger LillyRose said...

There are also the walking advertisements, like the Abercrombie and Fitch Crowd, the Sax Fifth Avenue Crowd, the goth Hot Topic crowd...The Gucci Crowd...and so on and so forth.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

I am in the "what the hell am I doing here, what am I wearing, am I wearing anything at all" category.
I know I wrote about how I can't deal with big crowds in my blog, a mall is one place that freaks me out and messes up my mind majorly

But the smoothies are awesome

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home