.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Friday, July 01, 2005

My Trip Accross Most of America Part 2

Ok, I finally have a few minutes to work on my blog. I have started work on a construction crew, framing houses,(which is going to give me endlessly supplied with blog material!) so when I actually make it home, I am usually so beat that I don't have energy for much of anything extra.
Nebraska...This was our first indication of what humidity in Missouri is going to be like. If you have never lived in humid weather, let me tell you, it sucks!! I lived for 8 years in Ohio and so I know a bit what humidity is like and I never wanted to live in it again! Nebraska is an interesting state. I have always heard jokes about it and never understood why...now I know. Wanna hear a NE joke...ok. What is the greatest thing to ever come out of Nebraska? Interstate 80! Such a good one. Another? ok...Why wasn't Jesus born in NE? Because they couldn't find 3 wise men!
Ok, I am done. I saw a t-shirt worn with pride by a NE resident. It read, "Nebraska...more corn then Kansas!" OH MY GOSH! That is what they are proud of. Sad, very sad. We have some really good friends that are from this state, so I can't say much bad about the residents there, but we were happy to move on to Kansas. Well, I was, the rest of the people were asleep when we crossed the border.
Kansas. Not a very pretty state, but nothing stands out either good or bad. We did pass a pretty good hair salon called, "Curl up and Dye". Made me chuckle. Hard to get me to do that these days. The people that live here must be crazy. We stayed with some friend that about ten years ago that had their house taken away my a tornado. LOST THEIR HOUSE...AND STILL LIVE IN THE SAME PLACE!!! I do not comprehend that. Like the people in Cali and the earthquakes, Florida and the hurricanes. Man, I love Oregon! All we have is sometimes forest fires. Sometimes. And you have plenty of time to get away from those! Oregon Rocks!
Missouri...finally crossed the border to our new state of residence...at least for a while. We are looking for a town named Roach. Yes, you heard it, Roach. I am hoping that it was someones last name. Not that I want to meet someone with that last name, but the other option is that there are scads of roachs around, and that will suck, big time! We live right on the lake. Before we got here everyone who had seen it was like,"It is so beautiful...you are going to love it!" They don't realize that I am from Oregon!!! I have seen beauty before! Oregon=Beautiful. But they are right, it is pretty, but since most of my day, when I am not at work, consist of sitting directly in front of my A.C. I don't get to see it much. We do get to go down and swim a couple times a week and that is nice.
Well, that was the trip. It was actually much longer then that, but...
I am getting plenty of blogging material from this place...so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home