.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My Life at This Time...

This post isn't to complain about how my life is working out right now, I am just listing out some things that are making my life interesting at the moment...
Our collage doesn't begin until Aug. 15th. We came here the end of June because we were told about a job that pays between 10 and 12 dollars an hour. I even called the boss from Oregon and he said that he would be more then willing to hire me when I got moved out here. So now we are in Missouri. Hot, sticky full of bugs and snakes and hill-billies, Missouri. I am working at the constuction job and come to find out the I am only getting paid 7 dollars an hour. That is unacceptable! I was getting paid more then that, working at a coffee shop back in Oregon. Now I am in the sun, doing heavy labor, and getting paid less per hour? Crazy. I am begining to wonder if I am where I am supposed to be. So, I hear about a painter that starts at 10 dollars an hour. Painters work in-doors where the A.C. has to be on! So I call. He said to call him back in, "A week or so, and we will see". Not too promising. Well, I like working construction, so I plan on sticking it out and proving that I am worth more then what they are currently paying me.
I then recieve a call from a friend on Monday, the 4th. He is quiting his lawn mowing job on Tuesday and the boss wants him to find a replacment. He pays 10 dollars an hour starting out. Would I be interested? Well, actually, now that you mention it...I would. The best of both worlds, I can be out in the sun, and get paid a good wage. He says that I will be starting Wed.
I show up for my job on Tuesday and let my boss know that I have found a good paying job. I don't even finish my sentence and he says, "OK, bye". I told him I wasn't trying to quit now, I came ready to work, but he would hear none of it. "Go home".
So I get another day off. Not what I was expecting. I have worked four days since I have gotten here, and now I am on my fifth day off. Not looking too good on the pay-check... So, I piddle around the house, and then last night I get a call from the friend that get me the mowing job, "Hi, I have some not-so-good of news for you". NOT what I am wanting to hear right now!!! My new boss, that I haven't even meet yet, is going to Minnisota for a trip...he should be back on Sat...I should get a call around then.
BLAH...So I have the rest of the week off. I usually don't mind days off, but the sole reason for coming so early and leaving my beloved Oregon was so I could make a bit more money before school starts. Our collage doesn't allow outside work when school is in session, so this summer is the only time that I have...and it is quickly ending.
Ok, just a bit discouraged, but I am sure it will all work out. In the meantime I will work on the house and get it more liveable...

3 Comments:

Blogger LillyRose said...

Are you going to be okay financially?

Do you feel like going back to Oregon?

11:37 PM  
Blogger Original Blog-surfer said...

Financially it will all work out, I am fairly confident in that. As to going back to Oregon, that will happen eventually. Immediate family lives there so we'll end up back there. Just here in Missouri for a year of school...I can stick it out for that long!

9:57 AM  
Blogger MattyP said...

Yea you can. Now I think I'm going to go work my nine an hour job indoors. lol

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home