.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

I Work With "Bubba"

I have heard of these people before. Red-necks, hill-billys, good-old-boys, what ever you want to call them, but I had never had the dubious pleasure to actually meeting one before. Now, not only have I met one...I get to work with one. For some reason the fore-man of our crew puts me and (we shall call him Bubba) together...alot. It isn't bad per se. I am actually morbidly curious, and want to know what makes the natives around here tick. So far I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't take much. Mainly beer. At least that is all I can gather from their conversation. When Bubba isn't blaring his country music or cussing up a storm, he mainly talks about beer.
Short story. We were driving the other day from the job site to where we park our cars and he stops at a gas station to run in "for a sec". He comes out with a little brown paper bag. I ask him what is contained in "yonder brown paper bag", and I get a sly grin. Well, as sly as they get down here. Ok, we are only 5 minutes from the cars, so I am guessing that he will wait to consume what is in the bag until then. I am sadly mistaken. He pulls back onto the road, with his bigbeatuppickuptruck (big surprise here) and OPENS THE CAN OF BEER. Maybe where you are from this is a normal occurance...to me this came as a complete shock. I am now praying that I can just get to my car in one piece. Picture if you can, a shirtless man, driving a peice of...truck, talking on a cell phone, drinking a beer. All at once. Now picture me on the other side of the cab. Seat-belt firmly fixed about my body, hanging on to the door for dear life, watching in horror as this...this person tries to get us home in one piece. He did a fairly good job of it...which scares the crap out of me...because this means that he has had alot of practice. Too much.
Oh, well. I am alive. I really like Bubba as a person. He is a pretty funny guy. Lazy as all get out, but a likable character. As long as he keeps getting me home in one piece. The day I come home in more pieces then that, I am going to be slightly irritated to say the least...
I have only been working for four days...I am excited to see that will traspire in the next few weeks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great description. There are probably more Bubbas around than we realize.

7:59 PM  
Blogger MattyP said...

This is true. Bubba is everywhere.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Sadly, I know a lot of people like that here in WV.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Original Blog-surfer said...

You are more then welcome shortcake...I am sure that they would be more then happy to have you here!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home