.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Brain is Getting Tired...

This is what I am learning in my Phonetics class...

1) mamsabz. Those are two words that are written phoneticly. I get the honor of spelling them in normal American English. Here are some more... The last one is four words.

2) babflast
and
2) fragzhapanmas

Ok, you should be able to figure out most of it, but to help out the "a" says "ahh", like when you go to a doctor... We call it a "Script ahh"


Here are some more things that will help you understand why my brain is slowly turning to mush...
The "a" is pronounced "ahh"
The "e" is now called "A"
The "i" is now "E"
The "u" is now pronounced "ooh".
So if you were going to phoneticly spell out-loud the word... "bombs" you would say, "b-script ahh-m-z".

Yeah, My spelling was bad before this..I am totally screwed now! College, where you pay someone to mess with your head!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tune u up said...

yep, your brain is really turning in to mush.. Or mine is.. Because I don't really understand it :S

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The english language is one of the wonders of the world. As in I wonder who in the world created this mess?

7:55 AM  
Blogger MattyP said...

Ooh suck B-script-ahh-lls

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

I know 4 languages. suck it up, and learn your own language at least :p

4:28 PM  
Blogger CanaGal said...

my sister has her PhD in linguistics - I think that is totally fucked up. Good luck!

8:08 PM  
Blogger JeannaBelle said...

uh, yeah, i have no comment on this one...... (kinda scary)

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home