.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Tired...

Dang, I don't think that I have ever gone this long without updating my blog. I usually have something to post! Lately, I have been waking up earlier in order to get to the computer and post, but then I find my self doing something else...like homework. We are done with Phonetics and have just started Grammar. Oh, my goodness. I struggled in Highschool with English Grammar, and now I am learning how to distinguish all the parts in foreign languages!
They give us a list of (26) words in another language and next to them are the basic english definition. We then have to figure out in the foriegn language what are the verbs, nouns, tenses and stuff like that. It is amazing to see how different languages work! In some countries they use different words if the person is talking to a male or female. Dang.
The teacher was telling a story how a person was asking their Cherokee language helper how to say the phrase, "The dog barked." Well the helper was asking all these questions like, "why was the dog barking, at whom was the dog barking, which direction was he barking in..." All those questions were asked, because how to say the word depended on all those different things! To have a different word for, "bark" because of the direction of the bark...I can hardly wrap my brain around that! That would explain my reoccuring headache!

7 Comments:

Blogger Eluzai said...

well, thank god we have One language the whole world is able to communicate in - English.. hehe..

9:25 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Poor dog, what a complicated process to do the simple act of barkin. BTW what's your major? kinda interestin

3:35 AM  
Blogger Original Blog-surfer said...

Tina...It is amazing that most of the world wants to learn English...even though it is soooo messed up. You can get around most of the world by just knowing that...except France. They would probably just ignore you.

Keith...I will get my B.A. in Cross-Culture Communication. It is pretty interesting. Harder the Crud, but I like it at the same time.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Tune u up said...

You're right, In France they will ignore you. In Amsterdam however, they'll ignore you when not speaking English.. I mean, that is what I've heard.. The world has gone mad..

1:33 PM  
Blogger JeannaBelle said...

i'm going mad too, have fun with your class, it's going to be a big help to you

3:17 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Wow what a thing, i cant imagine what a difficult thing it is, wish ya luck

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the heck would you be in a course like that? You would never see me doing grammar :P

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home