.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Earliest Memories...

What is your earliest memory? I was thinking about this the other day when I heard someone say that they couldn't remember much of their early childhood.
I remeber some pretty early things. They have to be when I was 3 years old or younger because I lived in New York until sometime during my third year when my mom moved us to Ohio, and all of these were in New York. I am going to list some of my early memories. See if you catch the pattern that I found.

I remember that I slept on the top bunk...and I fell off one night. We had a hard wood floor. I remember crying and someone (my mom?) coming to get me.

My mom used to work late and I remember I would wake up in the middle of the night, (well I think it was the middle) and if I heard someone down the hall in the bathroom I would sneak out of bed and go see who it was. It was a risk I gues. If it was my mom, I would run to her and get a hug, but if my mom had'nt gotten home yet, and it was my aunt, then I would get a spanking if she saw me.

I remember my aunt taking us to the corner park. (I found out later that my aunt was our main baby-sitter) I remember I had "the runs" and made a mess in my pants. I remember that she took care of me as best as she could and she used my shirt as a pair of pants for the trip home. As we were walking home a police officer stopped and gave us a ride.

The weird thing about all of those memories is that all of them are "tramatic" for a 2-3 year old. Why is it that all of my really early memories are those kind? Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of good memories, but when I think back, alot of the ones that really stick out are the rough/scary times. Something for me to remember when I am helping my little girl make memories!

2 Comments:

Blogger Eluzai said...

very true.. i've got good/bad memories too...it's sad to hear what you went thru especially at a very young age..should not have happened..but it makes us wiser/careful to not let it happen to our kids.

9:20 PM  
Blogger MattyP said...

Some of my earliest memories memories are of you beating the living shit out of me... good times...

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home