.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Monday, November 28, 2005

My Life is Upside-Down

My second daughter was born this past Friday. She was a month early. She now lives in the ICU of the nearest hospital. I am drained, spent, exausted and frightened. I will try to update when I can about her status. Her big sister, my 2 1/2 year old can't see her because she isn't allowed in the ICU. She is worried about her baby sister. She colors her pictures and wants me to discribe the baby to her. I was in the middle of it last night, when I started crying. That totally unglued my 2 year old. I guess when you are the guy in the family, with three other ladies, you have to be the strong one.
I didn't know that I could love a little person so much. I only saw the baby for about 5 seconds when we realized that something was wrong...and I felt that my heart was already being ripped out of my body. I don't even know this little person...and I miss having her home with me, with us, as a part of the family...
I came home from the hospital, and gave my 2 year old... the "big-sister" a huge hug.
You can e-mail me and I can give you more details...right now Iam pretty shook up and I am going to go now...
Grab every moment that you can...they don't last forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger LillyRose said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, medical technology has the power to do amazing things and I know that your daughter will get the love and efforts from all of her caregivers at the NICU, I send my best to your wife and your little girl. I hope all turns out well.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Oh congrats on the baby, hope she gets well soon, keep on prayin'

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember once when I was a little kid and I saw my mom crying. I thought something really terrible must have happened because I don't think I had every seen her cry before. I was worried and had a big knot in my stomach. Were you able to reassure Isabella?

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home