.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Mixing Passions...

I love to read, and I love quotes. If you have been reading my blog for any lenght of time, this would not be news to you. I've talked about this stuff before, and there is a good chance it will come up again. So the only thing greater then reading or finding cool quotes it finding a cool quote, while reading. Best of both worlds.
I have read a wide varity of types of books. From Tom Clancy, to Harry Potter, to Dean Koonts to lots in-between. (except romance...I hate those with a passion)
I have been reading the Dune series. If you have never read them, they are pretty indepth. I read one, then take a break and read something lighter, like all-six-harrypotters-in-a-row. That was a little extreme. I usually don't do that...
But anyway, in my readings I come across quotable material. Sometimes, if I remember I try to jot it down, but usually I forget and that is that. But I found these two quotes in Children Of Dune, and I couldn't pass them up.

The Univers is God's. It is one thing, a wholeness against which all separations may be identified. Transient life, even that self-aware and reasoning life which we call sentient, holds only fragile trusteeship on any portion of the wholeness.

Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and perpetrator alike, by all who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no mitigating argument. Atrocity never balances or rectifies the past. Atrocity merely arms the future for more atrocity. It is self-perpetuating upon itself--a barbarous form of incest. Whoever commmits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred.

Pretty deep huh?
Dang, and you all thought that I was just some shallow shmuck!

2 Comments:

Blogger MattyP said...

I'm still not convinced otherwise, fuck-face.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Eluzai said...

sigh! wish I had time to read.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home