.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I am learning Portuguese...

It is sweet. Spanish speaking people say that it sounds like Spanish with your fingers in your mouth. Portuguese speaking people get offended when you say that. There are similarities, after all on both sides of the ocean the countries that speak Portuguese are neighbors with the Spanish speakers.
We are only learning it for 6 weeks. We are in our fourth week, and we already can recognize over 200 words. The point of us doing this for only 6 weeks is for us to learn how to use the techniques that we have been learning in class. I have to say that they are pretty effective. I can't read it, but I can write words out phonetically, and read them back to my language helper and he can understand me. It is a cool feeling to be able to communicate in another language. As the typical American I only know two languages, English and Bad English, so this is a fun experience for me!
Ok, got to get back to class...in body at least...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best friends are Portuguese. I grew up with them. I can't understand a word they say, but I do understand everything they are trying to say.

Batatas = potato
Not much more than that.
Ken

7:30 PM  
Blogger Eluzai said...

It's always good to learn another language. Have fun!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home