.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

"You Would Make a Great Wife"...

I have heard that statement too many times in my life, and this week I heard it again. I think the problem is that I actually know my way around a kitchen and I am a nice guy. I had a room-mate years ago "propose" to me just because I fixed up a delicious dinner one night. He was joking...really, he was. HE WAS, DANG IT!
Anyways...This week has pushed my "niceness" to the limit. I have already vented a bit about the way the week has gone, but here is a bit more.
I am the only guy in the house during the day. Surrounded by many kids and their mothers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the company of the opposite sex, but a week long without much male interaction...and I am losing it. I been in on conversations that I never ever wanted to discuss with women. Anything from makeovers, hair-styles and shoes to child-raising, pregnancy and breast-enhancements. Good Gravy, I have washed dishes, put kids to bed and fixed meals. The ladies have gone shopping, not once, but numerous times, and who gets to watch the children? Well, "You are home, and not doing anything..." (Of course if the option is shopping or baby-sitting...lesser of the two evils...) I was the only male at the park with kids. You get...looks when you are the only male with kids at a city park.
Last night there was a "carnival" in town and we were all going to go. Conveniently, the other dad had to "work". So who gets to go with the women and the kiddies to a place where there is about 200-screaming-kids-and-barely-contained-mayhem? That's right...me, the guy who would make a great wife.

The only thing that is keeping me going at this point, is the fact that I will be heading home tomorrow morning...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously you are being chastized for something you have done wrong.
Repent! :)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Tune u up said...

Women love a guy who would be a great wife ;). And at least you've got something to tell your friends. Or not.. Maybe this'll help you decide whether you want children or not :P

12:58 PM  
Blogger MattyP said...

Well, too late on the children thing, but speaking of that, I've always thought of you being more of a great mother vs. a great wife. I mean, you got the whole patient, long-suffering, loving-to-be-with-crazy-ass-kids all day attitude. You are a blessed woman!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Tune u up said...

well, maybe he can be both:P At least we know he'd be a great woman, in the meaning of.. whatever :D

3:00 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

So when can we get married?

You will do the dishes and read to me, right?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ms. Adventures said...

Justin, it takes a great man to be able to handle that kinda kid stress. Kid stress is like no other. If you get mad and yell, they cry, if you try to reason, they don't get it. Bagh!

That "wife" comment sucks. What, because you're good at serving other people you'd make a good wife? What a cliche!

Kudos on your patience and character.
and PS thanks for commenting on my blog :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger MattyP said...

Yes... so true... kid stress is like no other... except maybe real stress - you know, like something that's really stressful. Like the cops chasing you.... yea... that's not so much fun...

5:14 AM  
Blogger Ms. Adventures said...

other than extreme situations, like being chased by cops. Not much else compares to kid stress. You must not have them mattyp.

9:09 AM  
Blogger MattyP said...

Thank God

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home