.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Quotes

I don't know why, but I am facinated with quotes. It isn't like all the people that are quoted are so much smarter then me, I just think that many of them have figured out a way of saying exactly what I am thinking.
When I was a kid I found a quote by Napoleon Bonaparte that said, "I only like people who are useful to me, and only so long as they are useful". For some reason after all these years I can still remember that quote word for word. I think it made such an impression on me because I had never come crossed such arrogance before. Now, that I am older and ever so much wiser, I realize that there are many people in this world like that, they just never become world leaders...
Now I like to find more humorous quotes. Douglas Adams, the author of "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" has many great quotes. I am becoming a fan of his work. One of my favorite quotes of his says,
"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened".
Yeah...I feel the same way...

7 Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

There was this philosopher that on his deathbed said "there was only ever one man who understood me, and he didn't understand me either"

I love it.

And I love Douglas Adams too. Have you read the Dirk Gently books?

4:08 PM  
Blogger LillyRose said...

Winston Churchill said, "In the beginning, we shape our dwellings-and afterwards- our dwellings shape us."

I always remember him, I am such a product of my environment.

As always, terriffic blog my friend.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Eluzai said...

Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country."

-Anais Nin

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite...
"The Poopsmith is a great guy.... He just has a crappy job.."

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quotes are over-rated. Think about it, your typical french arrogance combined with some short-man syndrome is bound to come up with something contrary to how we are supposed to deal with each other.
Seriously think about the most dull person you know. I'm sure you could think of a creative quote from that person and I'm almost positive it could be insightful.

People also get mixed up with quotes.

"...to each according to his needs." -Karl Marx

Apparently a good percentage of American College Students thought this Karl Marx quote was in the American Constitution.

And who is one of the most quoted people in history? (apart from Homer Simpson)

Yep, one of the biggest jackasses who ever lived. Friedrich Nietzsche. eg
Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.

WTC Nietzsche you think cows or zebra's have morals? Wannabe philosopher who was made just that by stupid people.

*sigh* the world we live in....

11:39 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Oh shush you.

Quotes are fun

9:05 AM  
Blogger Original Blog-surfer said...

Great quotes guys...thanks.

And I understand what you are saying Grant. But I still like quotes...

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home