.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Friday, August 19, 2005

What NOT to Say to a Father of a Daughter

I have a two year old daughter. She is by far one of the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I see teen girls around and I start freaking out...One day my baby will be one of these. When I think about her dating, I start getting sick. I was a teen boy, I know how they think and what they are after. I found this list the other day about "What NOT to say to a father of a daughter", and so I had to steal it. I will link the blog here just because I liked this blog so much that I want him to get the credit.

1) Wow, your daughter is hot. (Not only will that upset the father, it will guarantee you will be going out by yourself tonight, you idiot.)
2) Man, I've got to get me some of that. (When you regain consciousness and all of your bones have mended, I will be happy to explain to you why you should never say that, no, why you should never think that.)
3) Yeah, my ride is hot. I got it up to 140 on the way over here. (You can get it up to 150 as you leave without my daughter.)
4) I know school is important and stuff, but I've got me a plan and don't need no schooling. (Oh good, then you should start on your plan immediately, preferably hundreds of miles away from my daughter.)
5) You aren't one of those who gets hung up if we get back after her curfew. (Nope, because you won't be bringing her back after curfew, or taking her out before curfew, or will even have to worry about a curfew if you leave now, before I load the shotgun.)
6) Smart girls are annoying. (Prepared to be annoyed. Better yet, save yourself the trouble and leave now.)
7) Wow, it's hot. You've got any beer? (Now I have to wonder how stupid you are if you are an underaged drinker, asking me for alcohol, BEFORE you are trying to leave with my daughter on a date. Please leave while you can still breathe.)
8) Sorry I'm late, had to drop by and see my kid before I came over here. (Your kid needs you, trust me. Go and see your kid now. While your kid still has a father.)
9) Got a light? (I can't even begin to comment on this one as I'm sure I would be looking for something blunt to hit them with.)
10) I sure hope she hurries, the Rave starts in twenty minutes. (Well Rave On my young dateless friend, just do it in the next ten seconds while you are able to leave willingly....)

6 Comments:

Blogger MattyP said...

Oh yes, I agree. No daughters, but if some guy says that near my niece he will be crawling back to his pick-up with his cigarettes, beer, and Rave-going-ass.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

I'm pretty sure some guys said some of these things to Mother. I'm pretty sure I never saw them again. Mother's got balls

6:18 AM  
Blogger Tune u up said...

Wow, you are really sweet for your daughter! I sure hope you never did one of these yourself :P.
I don't think someone has ever said that to my dad, or my mum..

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like a mother with balls.
If I have a daughter she is going to want to hang out with me rather than some punk ass kid...
Am I living in a dream world?

9:05 PM  
Blogger JeannaBelle said...

pretty much poopy. my poor dad has three daughters and we all date a lot... no wonder he's got high blood pressure.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. Mine is almost 5. Some guy in his 40's the other day said, "Wow those are some eyes." I said "Hey, hey now! Watch it."

It's starting already. AHH!
Ken

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home