.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spastic Weather

I have lived in several states and traveled through many more and in almost every single one the locals have a saying that goes something like this, "If you don't like the weather in (insert state name here) then wait a few minutes and it will change."
And for some that is true, but I would have to say that in my experience Missouri is the weirdest state for weather.
Let me explain...
Feburary...we went from 10 Degrees with -10 windchill factor to upper 80's...in ten days time. I work construction and we are all bundled up for the cold, and then the same day I am working in a t-shirt and I am getting a sun burn!!! I never wanted to be a "red-neck", but I was for a few days. I was wearing sun-screen for crying out loud...
Then in another two weeks time it gets cold...then warm and humid...and then we get some tornado making storms. In one day Missouri got like...oh...113 tornados in one day!!!
I kid you not.
When I heard that number I thought it was just someone with an exageration problem, but then I heard it from an EMT that was on call at the fire dept. during that time. (And if you can't trust and EMT who can you trust in this world, right?)
I haven't stated my feelings in a long time about how much I miss Oregon, so let me reiterate it here...
OREGON ROCKS...AND I MISS LIVING THERE!!!
We don't have earthquakes...we don't have hurricanes...we don't have huge floodings...and we DON'T have 113 Tornados in one day.
Yeah, that is all I have to say about that...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

Yey go Oregon! happy now?

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home