.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Daughters

Have you ever loved someone so much, you'd give an arm for her,
Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for her.
When they know they are your heart, and you know you are their armor,
And you will destroy anyone who will try to harm her.

"When I'm gone" Eminem

I am not a super big fan of Eminem, but my brother introduced me to this song where he is talking about his daughter...and you know what...I can relate.
If you try anything with my daughter, I won't hurt you, I won't "mess you up"...I will destroy you.
I think that is why I am taking the death of my youngest daughter so hard. I failed her. I couldn't do anything to save her. You can give me all the logical "truth" why what I am feeling isn't true, but it doesn't help.
It was my genes that killed her. How much more physically "me" can one get then your genetic make-up?
Then I am the one that made the decision to remove the life support from her. Sure, my wife and I made the decision together, but as a mom she never would have implimented it. I was the one that had to tell the nurse that, "We were ready". What a lie. How could one ever be ready for something like that?
Anyway...feeling a bit bleak...Next time I will try to be a bit more up-beat...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I relate to the song. My daughter is 5.

I wont throw any logic at you, I'm sure you've heard it all and logically you have answers for all the questions.

I feel for you. I can't imagine it.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you, little brother. Sorry you're hurting. Seems like the hurt is worse when it involves my negative effect on someone else. Makes me long for heaven where everything will be made right--including me: my thoughts & desires and also my defective body.

10:59 PM  
Blogger MattyP said...

Whichever way you look at it - realistically or ideallistically - the pain is sstill there I know. Fucking good song tho. Who played it for you? Love ya bro

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home