.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Original Blog-Surfer

I am the one, the first, the Original Blog-Surfer. I roam around Blogdom and leave comments on whatever Blogs I want. If I happen to comment on your Blog, don't get bent out of shape...be honored.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Quiet until I know you. Polite even if I don't like you. Cynical all the time. HATE gossip with a passion. Firmly believe that there are always two sides of a story and anyone who makes a decision based solely on one side is acting like a fool. I love to read, so if you have read a good book, let me know.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Death

I've been thinking about death a lot lately.

Steve the "Croc Hunter" gets stabbed IN THE HEART by a sting-ray. What the Crap? What are the odds? There have been only 17 reported deaths by sting-ray in the world.

A missionary in the organization I am with was bike racing between two cities...Only about an hour apart. A drunk driver forced his way past the rear protection van and started hitting racers. Out of the twelve racers, eight went to the hospital...But only one died.

At the campus I just graduated from a little boy was going to be born in about a month. His mom didn't feel movement and went to the doctors to get his checked...and he was already gone.

My daughter, Anarazell, who was born with a "genetic disorder" only lived two weeks. And that was only because she was on life support. When that was removed she only lived as long as someone can without breath...

I am seeing a pattern...There is no pattern when it comes to death. We might live a long full life, we might be famous and we might even be loved, but when it is time for us to go...We are going to go. Nothing we can do about it...So no need to freak out! We have no idea when our ticket is going to be punched so it is time to start thinking about what happens next. We are going to be dead a lot longer then we will be alive!

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

what a relief, no freak out any more. lol!

4:41 AM  
Blogger  Jess said...

Life is for the living, sometimes we get so caught up in death we forget that. Someone I know died recently. I went to school with her, my brother was friends with her, I was friends with her family, she was a wonderful person. It hit us all hard but we must go on.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home